Writer "Event Log Writer" backup failed, error -1017 ( insufficient permissions).

Hi,

I'm running Retrospect V7.7.325 (64-bit), Driver Update and hotffix, version 7.7.3.102 (64-bit). On one networt client I'm getting the following error:

Writer "Event Log Writer" backup failed, error -1017 ( insufficient permissions).

It still stores the snapshot. Can somebody tell me what this means and how to fix it? There are no errors in the client's event logs related to this message. The system is running Windows 2003 R2 and Retrospect Client V7.7.106.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

As I know, "Event Log Writer" is a component of Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service to backup the content in the "Windows Event Viewer".

The failure is always caused by the corrupted Windows Event Viewer.

Could you have to try to open Windows Event Viewer on your machine to see if it works correctly or corrupted?

If it is really corrupted, you can follow the Microsoft KB to fix the issue,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172156

Thanks,

Xianfeng

Hi Xianfeng,

Thanks for the pointer. All the event logs on the client seem fine, I was able to open and view them all with no problems. I did clear them

and restored them to their default setting to see if that helps. I'll report back to let you know if it does.

Thanks,

John

Edited by Guest