"Can't access volume XXX..." -120 ERROR???

Hello.

I continue to get an error stating "Can't access volume XXX [folder name] on XXX [computer name], error -120 (folder not found)".

I have forgotten and re-added the client, I've removed the client software, reinstalled and re-added the client — even gone as far as a clean install of the OS and re-setup — basically, done all the tricks I normally do when Retrospect "does it's thing" (aka "doesn't work").

Wondering if anyone has any other suggestions on how I can get this client backing up again?

Server software is the latest 6.1 release under OS X 10.5.8 — client is the latest as well, running under OS X 10.6.3. HD is the problem folder exists on is "healthy". The client machine is an identical setup to almost 30+ other machines in the studio (as they're all based off a master image).

Again, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kristin.

... client is the latest as well, running under OS X 10.6.3.

Retrospect 6.x (either the client or main app) is not compatible with Snow Leopard. If you can't (or don't want to) downgrade the OS version on the client computer, you will have to bite the bullet and switch to Retrospect 8.

Brutal.

Half the responses I'm getting to my posting on these forums is "stick with version 6 — version 8 isn't ready for prime time because of all the bugs and crashing" and the other half of responses I'm getting are "version 6 is dead and you need to upgrade to version 8".

You know what response I really want? A suggestion for some other backup software that's NOT Retrospect! I've been running Retrospect for almost 8 years now and I want out...

k.