Tape name not being updated

Update on my problem.

The backup ran just fine last night and even recognized the change of tape ready for tonight.

Ive gone and changed two things: Left the GUI running on the server machine that also contains the engine and hardware AND programmed each script to eject the tape after running.

Ill quit the GUI after tonights backup to see if that makes a difference. Ill also ask the office to report to me whether the tape has been ejected or they have to manually eject the tape.. that should point us in the right direction.

Cheers for all your help so far guys.

And for the record when i access the server via the GUI on my local machine, at a different geographical location and subnet the console mostly displays the incorrect tape name, normally the tape from the last successful backup.

Ill keep you posted

W

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again

For anyone thats following this, the backup has been running just fine and the engine sees the change in tape after a manual eject if we leave the console running on the server (where the physical drive is connected)

On Friday someone quite the console and then fridays backup failed to run.

I think this gos a long way to prove that the engine does not see a manual change in tape unless the console is running.

If anyone else has the same issue as us please can they confirm this.

W