Sign in to follow this  
jabelli

Client falsely claims it has not been backed up

The server is Windows 2003 Standard. Retrospect is 7.6.123 with driver update and hotfix 7.6.2.101. No other add-ons are installed. The client is Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with Retrospect client 7.6.106. The retrospect client history shows the last backup on 4/15. However, both the log file generated by the client event handler and the server history log show that the client was backed up.

Edited by Guest

We have the same problem on one client, Win XP professional. I think the cause of the problem is that the Retrospect client was installed under an old user in our old domain. The currently logged on user's Retrospect client claims it hasn't been backup since God knows when.

That's the only example where the migration to a new domain seems to have failed (and only for Retrospect).

The client was installed under a domain admin account and is running as the system account. I should have mentioned that the client has just had windows installed. I believe the 15th was the first backup performed since Windows was installed.