Does 7.7 sleep Windows machines?

I appreciate your honesty on this one.. pretty shocking a new option arrives in the product and the tester(s) didn't ask what it was supposed to do!

I still maintain these options need to be a tick box within the client configuration (defaulted to on) and not just in the script though.

i.e. You still have a shutdown clients option in the script, but whether the client responds is determined by the client setting.

That way, you can still use large global scripts covering many machines, yet you can easily make exceptions without having to duplicate scripts.

Rich

Edited by Guest

the code for Sleeping and Shutting down tiger and Leopard Macintosh clients. These features have not been coded for Windows clients or even Snow Leopard.

If coded only for Mac it should only appear under the Macintosh client options.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this Mayoff? This is a feature I could really be doing with right now as I need to save some electricity in our offices and retrospect would make this a really nice, clean solution...

I'm assuming the menu options (although in the wrong place IMO) were put in place based on some current development stream, so well over 6 months on I would have hoped that something can be released soon?

Any news?

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by Guest

I would like to second that. This has been a long time wish for us.

Well, there are more important things, but if you take a good look at the problem at hand, it shouldn't be too problematic to make this feature work. On the other hand, it might be more complicated to arrange than we, the end users, think.