Retrospect Client always "busy" – and not deletable

Hello!

I use retrospect 8.1 (626) with one desktop server and two MacBook clients (newest client version). One client (running OS X 10.6.3) makes trouble being permanently "busy" for about 2 months.

Now, I tried to get rid of this client in order to be able to establish a new connection to it. But that does not work either: Because it's busy, I cannot delete it.

Could anybody tell me what to do? Where are the client informations saved? What file could I modify to get rid of my "Sisyphus client"?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Since you only have two clients, I'd probably suggest taking screen shots of your scripts/rules (so you have a copy), then:

1) stop the engine

2) Move out the /library/application support/Retrospect/ config80.dat and config80.bak files.

3) Restart the engine (readd your serial number)

4) Readd your clients and go from there...

*Or* (and this might not work), take your engine machine "off-line" -- restart the engine -- and then see if you can remove the client (as it wouldn't be able to even attempt to see the client if the engine is off the network...)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...