Problem with the Disaster Recovery CD

Hello,

we've the following Retrospect software in use:

Windows Server 2003 Multi version 7.6.123, Driver Update and Hot Fix, version 7.6.2.101.

All our servers run with Windows Server 2003.

We do a daily backup of all our C:/ partition from our servers with following settings settings:

Automatic script, backup to disk.

Selection (with the following selectors): All files, all folders, system and programs.

Save Options: Media verification, source snapshot to restore, source volumes with catalog file compare, duplicates not add to backup set, backup the system state, under the option ALL security, backup of open files.

I created a Disaster Recovery CD (ISO image) and burned this. During the installation i've become follwing error messages:

1. Bksdefer.exe file is corrupt and can not be copied.

2. Regcopy.exe file is corrupt and can not be copied.

3. Remotsvc.exe file is corrupt and can not be copied.

4. Rtclient.exe file is corrupt and can not be copied.

With "Esc" I can move on and the files won't be installed.

And no retrospect client will ne installed on the this temporery windows system, so the disaster recovery won't work.

I created the recovery cd with the backup wizard.

In this wizard following file types where checked: Documents and settings and operating system and programs. After that set the hook "prepare Notall recovery with this backup".

I tried several Windows Server 2003 CD for the disaster recovery CD every time the same mistake!

Do you know what the problem is???

Thanks

Tim

emc have not updated their software to include files over 650 mb. the service pack is the problem(s). we all know that all dvd and cd recorders will record up to 700 mb. it seems that the people at retrospect is either brain dead or they just does not care. when you talk to a so called techie, they will try to tell you there is nothing wrong. with the service pack 3, the dr will go over 700 mb unless it is stripped. i have done a dr with 630mb and used an iso reader checked and the restore.rbc is missing. no one is listening. go with another backup system.

I thought 7.6 supported 2003? If so, why are people being forced to upgrade rather than the issue being fixed? What if Tim paid for support for 7.6?

I have bought 7.7, but I'm not going to use it until EMC have ironed out all the remaining problems...

So what are my realistic options? No 2003 DR or having it with potential RS Server crashes...

What a choice...

Rich

and in response to Mayoff

Hello,

we paid for one year support 1000 Euro and now you told me, that I have to upgrad to version 7.7!?

With a valid support contract, the update to version 7.7 should be for free.

If retrospect won't fix the error in version 7.6.

So, how can I know creat a workable disatser recovery cd/dvd???

Tim

Edited by Guest