exact duplicate of a CD-R set

Hi,

I've got 2 CD-R backup sets, with approximately similar files. One has been physically damaged, and is irrecoverable, so I'd like to make an exact duplicate of the second. Ideally, I'd be able to dupliate all the files in my backup set, plus all snapshot information etc, ie a duplicate of the catalog file, plus the data itself.

I can't seem to do that though (i'm running Retrospect Desktop 4.3). There is the option to copy files from one set to another, but that's the files only. I considered doing a straight disk copy in Toast, but it doesn't even think there is a disk mounted when a backup set original is in one of my drives. I'm running Toast 5.02 .

Any suggestions?

cheers,

Hugh

Currently, your only options are:

1) Use the copy function, which copies all files, but only most recent snapshots

2) Restore all the data and do a new backup

Retrospect does not provide a method of cloning backup sets, nor are Backup discs created by Retrospect are accessible only by Retrospect; they do not mount on the desktop for use with the Finder or other software.

Thanks for that, it's pretty much what I had expected. Perhaps a feature that could be added...

Would a piece of blind-reading PC software such as CloneCD or CDR-Win be able to clone a disk? Or does the packet-writing method used to make the original disqualify it from such a technique?

Archived