Looking Good

For the first time since I installed Retrospect 7.6 in November of 2008, an automated Exchange mailbox script ran successfully.

I downloaded and installed 7.7.325. I also had to re-install the client on the Exchange server for some reason. I was getting -505 errors about the client being reserved. Re-install of client fixed that. (Those errors existed prior to install of 7.7.325 - don't blame .325 for that error)

Anyway, I'm not going to celebrate just yet. While this is a landmark achievement for or organization as it relates to Retrospect, I will report back when I get a full week of good Exchange mailbox backups, and then again at a month.

So far, it's looking good, guys.

And while I, in particular, wasn't bothered by the slow matching, I do appreciate that it doesn't take a lifetime to restore a file anymore.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I promised an update, but I've been runnning into problems unrelated to Retrospect. Will follow-up when I have good data.

So far, I can tell you it is backing up the boxes individually, but it is also crashing. I don't think this is Retrospect's fault. I genuinely think I have memory limitations (1 GB) and too many programs running at night. I hypothesize

Until next time...