Have to manually move tapes

posadzka

Hi!

1. I've created two tape-backup-sets in autoloader - TBS1, TBS2.

2. I've created two "Transfer Backup-set" scripts: one week I transfer some file-backup-sets to TBS1, other week to TBS2.

It is working ok, but the problem is that after one transfer is completed I have to manually move appropriate tape to the drive (by "Devices" menu). If I didn't do that, Retrospect will show the message "Media for script unavailable".

Shouldn't Retrospect automatically move right tape to the drive or Am I missing something?

Cheers

After some more digging i've found strange behaviour of Retrospect - when I do manual "transfer backup set" program finds right tape and transfer is done without problems. But when I automate and schedule the same "transfer backup set" suddenly REtrospect is unable to find the right tape to write to.

Windows 2008 RC2 64bit, Retrospect 7.7.208, Tape library Actidata ActiLib 1U LTO-4 HH SAS.

Any explaination for such behaviour?

Today i've figured it out - the tapes are moving fine, and the backup sets are transfered. What is not working is the "check script" button (Manage scripts -> double click on transfer script -> Check icon). It always says "media unavailable" although when the schedued execution is performed the media is moved to the tape.

So topic is over.