Sign in to follow this  
Querformatik

Backup by creation date/date modified

Hi,

I am using Retrospect 7.6 and try to backup files that have been modified after 1.1.2007. But Retrospect does not care about the date because it also backups files that have been modified before 1.1.2007. Retrospect displays the modification date correctly but it backups these old files even though he shouldn't. So I wanted to ask you if you have a hint how to teach Retrospect to do right.

I would like to specify the date because all early files have been archived (so that they don't use the regular backup disk space).

I tried it like Xianfeng suggested in his post. But it just won't work (Retrospect also backups older files although he modify date is shown correctly).

Edited by Guest

I tried it like Xianfeng suggested in his post. But it just won't work (Retrospect also backups older files although he modify date is shown correctly).

Selectors are a bit tricky. That's why I asked EXACTLY how you set it up. A screen shot would probably help.

Sorry for the late response. Here are the Screenshot (Retrospect is in German):

unbenanntb401.jpg

As you can see I only want to backup files that have been modified after 1.1.2008

But as you can see on the second picture it also takes files that are older than 1.1.2008:

unbenannt2y3o9.jpg

Sorry for the late response. Here are the Screenshot (Retrospect is in German):

unbenanntb401.jpg

As you can see I only want to backup files that have been modified after 1.1.2008

But as you can see on the second picture it also takes files that are older than 1.1.2008:

unbenannt2y3o9.jpg

@Xianfeng: Im using 7.6.123

You have specified "file OR FOLDER" later than 2008. The folder date may change when ONE of the contained files changes, causing Retrospect to backup the ENTIRE folder's contents.

I can't see form your second screen shot what date the containing folder has.

So remove the folder from the selector and specify only files later than 2008.