Missing backup sets/files

zorro1

I started using Retrospect Express that came with an IOMEGA external drive several years ago.

After buying a new computer with a newer version of Windows on it my version of Express wouldn't work (so I couldn't restore files to the new computer) so I called support.

The support I received was great...I was given a link to download a "non-express" version of Retrospect. I loaded that onto the new computer and was able to restore my files.

I then used that non-express version of Retrospect to backup the new computer.

My computer crashed recently and I lost the non-express version of Retrospect I was using. I called support and was given a link to download the Express version of Retrospect (7.6.111).

It appears that when I try to restore files using Express that a lot of my files are not showing up in the files available to restore.

Is this happening because my backups were done with a non-express version of Retrospect and the Express version of Retrospect I now have on my computer cannot see all the files backed up with that non-express version of Retrospect? Or is there some other reason most of my backed up files are not available to be restored?

When doing a search for files to restore Retrospect Express is missing "backup sets". If i search for all files/everything, Back up Set A-1 to Backup Set A-6 are not in the list which tells me it is not finding everything it should. (the list of sets goes from A-7 to A-23)

I think the non-express version of Retrospect I used for backups was 7

The version of Retrospect Express I have now is 7.6.111.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.