Slow matching under 7.7?

I wanted to share some test results internally.

With the new code changes, we have seen matching operations go from over 150 minutes to under 5 minutes using our test data! We will get this change out to customers next month. Hopefully earlier half of the month.

Great, but I do hope that someone at Retrospect looks at how this was messed up in the first place and even more so, how it got past testing.

I mean, you released 7.7 without noticing that matching took 30 times longer than under 7.6?!

Many thanks for sharing some info though, it makes a nice change from being treated like mushrooms.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

An update to Retrospect for Windows has been released. This update is version 7.7.325 and is recommended for all Retrospect 7.7 customers. This update includes bug files for exchange, proactive backup, improved memory management and more. You can download the update from

http://www.retrospect.com/updates and it will be available over automatic updates soon.

• 4 weeks later...

so - who has actually tested the 3/21 release and found that it addressed their slow matching issues?

I'll be darned if I go through that agony again without some expectation that it will improve things.

7.6 has remained fairly stable for us (few crashes in 4 months, and no failed catalog rebuilds) - the reasons we originally went to 64 bit 7.7 in January.

• 2 weeks later...

We have upgraded to version 7.7.325 and are having problem similar to this. When retrospect goes to build a catalog with a large number of files it hangs and never completes. It also appears that retrospect takes all available memory. Is there a way to figure out why it hung? The logs do not show anything.