The DR CD Problem

sburn

+ Executing Prepare for Disaster Recovery at 2/7/2010 11:20 PM

From Backup Set Backup Set A, Snapshot 500GB1 (C:) 1/24/2010 2:00 AM

To CD-ROM image file Restore 500GB1.iso...

Can't continue execution, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

Can't continue execution, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

exd2Begin: Coundn't create custom txtsetup file: error -1101 (file/directory not found).

2/7/2010 11:22:35 PM: Execution incomplete

Windows XP SP3

Version 7.6.123

Driver / Hot Fix 7.6.2.101

Any chance of finding out WHAT file/directory was not found?

Upgrade to the 7.7 version so you can get the new Disaster Recovery Boot CD that does not require any of those steps that are failing.

My original question:

I'd really like to NOT have to drop a minimum of $170 for an "upgrade" if it's just a matter of a couple files not being found.

Upgrade to the 7.7 version so you can get the new Disaster Recovery Boot CD that does not require any of those steps that are failing.

My original question:

I'd really like to NOT have to drop a minimum of $170 for an "upgrade" if it's just a matter of a couple files not being found.

My original question:

Perhaps you misunderstand. These user-to-user forums are not the way to contact EMC Support. From the Retrospect Forum Rules:

This forum is a community based self help tool for users of the Retrospect Backup Software and other EMC Insignia Products. ...

While this forum is monitored by members of the EMC Technical Support team' date=' it is not possible to reply to all questions and threads. This forum is not an official method for contacting technical support. EMC employees are under no obligation to reply to individual forum posts. If you need immediate technical support, you can contact technical support directly at http://www.emcinsignia.com/contactsupport

Hope this helps to clear up your misunderstanding.

[Hope this helps to clear up your misunderstanding.

I understand perfectly now, thank you.

I suppose my mistake was attempting to resolve a Retrospect technical issue with someone purporting to be the “Senior Manager, Retrospect Tech Support†on a Retrospect-operated forum.

Man, what was I thinking?

I really have no idea why those errors are happening. I do know they won't happen in the new version because of the total change to the restore process in 7.7

Also if you have any vista or Windows 7 computers, then you can't even create a DR CD with 7.6 which is another advantage of upgrading.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having exactly the same problem. My os is Win XP sp3. I tried catalog rebuild (that someone else with same problem did). Still gives error 1101 and same messages as above. I also don't want to plunk down another $170 for an upgrade from 7.6 to 7.7 I just bought the drive. Other than creating the DR CD, it seems ok backing up from my inspiron 6000 laptop to iomega 500g usb drive.