Iomega Win 7 Version Needed

opieandy

I bought an Iomega HDD. It came with a license for Express for Windows. However, when I go to the iomega site to download the product, it is version 7.6, which does not have 64-bit Windows 7 support.

I am assuming that I cannot install this product and then upgrade to 7.7 since the install itself might fail due to incompatiblity. If I can install/upgrade, please advise and I will do that.

Otherwise, can someone tell me how to download the correct product from the EMC Retrospect site and apply the license code I have from iomega?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

i also recently bought an iomega 500GB usb drive, d/l'd and installed retrospect express, it then d/l'd the 123 update, i registered it and made a rather time consuming full backup and then found it is not win7 compatible (i use x64 also) and will not allow creating a restore cd/dvd. as new licensed users we should receive a win7 update at least. i am a bit concerned that there is as yet none available with win7 having been out since october of last year.

Edited by Guest

• 6 months later...

You may try to contact customer service for this all Retrospect express users may encounter issue installing to a windows 7 edition as this software is currently not compatible for the Retrospect express.

follow the steps on this website for your upgrade

http://www.retrospect.com/en/upgrades/upgrade_options.dtml

Edited by Guest