cd-rw backup problem

flint

Strange thing i've got here. When I use my CD-RW for backup to one cd-rw it works fine and I can restore it.

When I make a backup that spans 2 or more cd-rw it does not work as it should be. When it starts to compare the cd-rw's it asks for the first CD, after that he says that the content is unrecognizable, skipping to the second cd gives the same message "content unrecognizable". I use a Creative CD-RW RW1210E. I can't find any Creative product on the hardware search engine. Is this an incompatibility problem or something else? Please help.

Thanks Flint

This drive is not currently qualified for use with Retrospect. Although we are trying hard to qualify it, please understand that not all drives will be qualified, and of those that are, some take a while. Yes it's frustrating. That's why we recommend that you check the compatibility list before making a purchase that may not immediately, or possibly ever, suit your backup needs.

Keep an eye on the hardware search engine for the most up to date details: Hardware Search Enginecolor=blue>

Also, Page 31 in the 6.0 User's Guide details another new feature: the custom driver configurator. This provides a way to create a custom configuration for drives that are not recognized by Retrospect's built-in suite of drivers. Since a driver built on-the-fly has not been tested by our Hardware department, it's not officially supported, but it may be useful to many users. See page 31 in the User's Guide for details.

Archived