Transfer backup sets from one installation to another?

Hi.

I changed the HDD in my G4 tower unit which had Retrospect v6 installed on Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) used for backups to a Dell LTO tape machine.

With the new HDD and a fresh install of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Retrospect 6 and all associated updates I expected to be able to 'import' the old backup sets into the new install.

This I have been unable to do. The backup sets have been copied to a folder on the desktop (where they used to be in the previous install) and appear as Unix Executable Files rather than Retrospect Backup sets.

I have inserted a tape and used Retrospect to re-catalogue it, and created a new backup set within a new folder on the desktop in order to restore some of its contents (which worked fine)

Is there a way to get the old backup sets working again rather than being forced to re-catalogue every tape when required?

I have the old HDD available if there are any other Restrospect files required from this old installation to copy over.

Thanks