Express HD 2.5 repair catalog

Tombt

I am using Express HD 2.5.113 with Vista and have a catalog which is out of sync caused by an interupted backup process. My backup is stored on an external network drive. I have the previous restore points still available and can restore them, but when I try to start a new backup, I get this error. I searched for a way to repair the catalog and found several procedures which none of them worked.

One procedure sais to start Repair Catalog from the Tools menu, but in Express HD I can not find any Tools menu.

Another procedure sais to remove the .rbc file and restart Retrospect again so it rebuilds the catalog file from the files in the Retrospect folder. I understand this might take quite some time, but after several days and nights, there is still no new catalog file showing up.

Still another procedure I found says to step through the Setup procerdure again and select Perform Backup Maintenance from the context menu for the backup drive in the disk selection window, but also this does not change the situation.

Can someone tell me the correct procedure to rebuild the catalog file with Retrospect HD 2.5 or is this not possible at all and do I have to start a new backup set?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got a similar problem, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate and I've got the iomega Home Media Network Hard which comes with Retrospect Express HD for Windows (version 2.5.113).

I have also read many posts in regards to this issue and have tried them all with no success. When my scheduled backup failed I got the following message --> "Can't save setup. Check the selected drive to make sure there is enough free space and the user name and password are correct".

Oddly enough, 1) there is plenty of space available, 2) I have never set up a login/password

I've tried to go through the setup process numerous times and at the end of the setup procedure, I get the "Can't save setup. Check the selected drive to make sure there is enough free space and the user name and password are correct" message.

I have tried to rebuild the catalog according to this link: http://kb.dantz.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=9573&r=0.432934 but I can't proceed beyond step 7

"Perform Backup Maintenance", ie the catalogue can't get rebuilt because I get the "Can't save setup. Check the selected drive to make sure there is enough free space and the user name and password are correct" message.

I've also attempted to uninstall and then re-install Retrospect Express HD for Windows, and I haven't been successful with that either.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?