Deleting Restore Points to Reclaim Hard Disk Space Doesn't Reclaim Hard Disk Space

Sperlock

I'm using Retrospect Express HD 2.5 on a computer wtih Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 installed. My backup drive is an Iomega Silver Series. Recently, I noticed my computer's hard drive did not have as much free space on it as I thought it should, so I ran a disk usage utility to find out what was causing this situation. The utility's results indicated that Retrospect restore points are taking up most of the computer's used hard disk space. Afrer locking some restore points I want to save, I started to delete the other restore points. I have been following the procedure in the tutorial on deleting Retrospect restore points and this procedure seems to be successfully deleting the restore points I want to delete. However, the disk usage utility indicates that, despite Retrospect Express' claims that it is reclaiming disk space, the amount of used hard disk space remains the same. Does it take time for the disk space reclaimed by deleting Retrospect restore points to register, or is there something else I need to be doing? Thanks for any advice.