Retrospect 7.7 Emergency Recovery CD does not work

jasonperrone

I have tried to use the new disaster recovery process, and it's just not working. I tried creating two of these CD's from the downloadable image using Powerarchiver Professional 2010, and they both do the exact same thing. The CD boots, and first I get the Windows is Loading Files progress bar, which finishes. Then the next thing looks to be the Windows Vista startup screen with the revolving progress bar, (the black screen that has the Microsoft Corporation text on it). It never gets past this screen. That progress bar just spins forever and ever. Why doesn't it progress past this point?

What I can't understand is on the Windows is Loading Files screen, why is it accessing my hard drive? What would an emergency restore process need with the hard drive? Shouldn't all of its resources be completely contained on the CD? Something is not right with this process. I am not having a DR emergency right now, my HD is fine, I simply wanted to make sure that IF I did have an emergency, this disk would work. Good thing I tried it before I had an actual emergency.

I am an A+ Certified technician.. I know how to burn a disk. I don't have Vista anywhere on my PC, so why is your emergency disk showing a Vista splash screen? Obviously you are using Vista to provide the base functionality of your "emergency restore". Anyway, I have switched to Acronis True Image at the recommendation of someone else in this forum, and it is working splendidly.

I am so tired of you support folks here. We get nothing but one line answers from you, and they usually are accusatory and assume that we are all idiots. I am sorry I have spent as much money on Retrospect products as I have... but it ends now. :angryred: