mailboxes failing to backup since 7.7 upgrade

bradja

Ever since I did the upgrade to version 7.7 of Retrospect, I get errors on most of my mailboxes when I try to back them up. Here is what I'm getting:

>Trouble reading files, error -557 (transaction already complete)

Any thoughts as to the cause? Before the upgrade to 7.7 my mailboxes were backing up just fine.

I am having a similar issue although I do not get a specific error message. After upgrading to v7.7 (with the latest v7.7.1.102 driver fix), I just see the "Exchange Mailboxes" group but no individual mailboxes. As a test, I un-installed v7.7 and re-installed v7.6 and I could see all the mailboxes again with no other settings changes. I was using the v7.7 client in both cases. I am guessing it is another bug. I'll have to follow-up with tech support unless there are any solutions already out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am having a similar issue although I do not get a specific error message. After upgrading to v7.7 (with the latest v7.7.1.102 driver fix), I just see the "Exchange Mailboxes" group but no individual mailboxes. As a test, I un-installed v7.7 and re-installed v7.6 and I could see all the mailboxes again with no other settings changes. I was using the v7.7 client in both cases. I am guessing it is another bug. I'll have to follow-up with tech support unless there are any solutions already out there.

if you are using Exchange 2007 on 64-bit Windows (assuming it's production server) then the solution i found, thanks to another poster on these forums (see this thread: Exchange 2007 Mailbox not visible, my solution), to get your Exchange Mailboxes to appear is as follows:

* uninstall both Visual C++ 2005 redistributables, 32-bit & 64-bit.

*uninstall Exchange MAPI & CDO if you have it installed (if not, you will need to have it installed for Retrospect for Exchange to work correctly on EX 2007)

* install VC++ 2005 redist 64-bit ONLY

* install Exchange MAPI & CDO

you may have to restart your server, or at least restart exchange services.

this has fixed my problem with not being able to see mailboxes two times on two Exchange 2007 servers, so i would definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Edited by Guest