Retrospect 7.7 Update

dnpeters

The pages explaining the 7.7 update are a little confusing, since they say "for use with licensed versions of Retrospect 7.7 only". I'm "assuming" it should say it's for licensed versions of 7.6, and thus a free update rather than a charged upgrade. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks. - Dave

I also had trouble upgrading from 7.6 to 7.7 using the email link. After entering my 7.6 license code I was given a VERY reasonable upgrade price for an electronic download, but when I clicked the Select button I was taken to a page that showed a much higher price for a boxed version; no electronic download option was provided. A call to Support resolved the problem and I'm presently waiting for their email giving me the codes and download link. Regarding the upgrade cost, in my case it was surprisingly inexpensive and, if the new DR procedure works, is a real bargain. Thanks. - Dave

Also upgraded from Retrospect 7.6 Professional to 7.7 Professional and that went well.

However, I also bought some additional Client packs for Retrospect 7.6 in the past (3 extra clients in total) and Retrospect 7.7 does not accept these license codes. So now I am not able to backup my client PC's, I get licensing errors.

Contacted support and they are looking into the issue.

Marc

Edited by Guest

The website is still missing some items and isn't totally updated yet.

You can download a trial license if you want while waiting to upgrade.

Actully, since the Upgrade Wizard shows me a $29 price, and takes me to a store link that says $49, I decided to wait till EMC decides how much the price is. So I downloaded the trial version. It's 32-bit only and won't install at all on Win 7 64-bit.

They are having some problems. I was unable to upgrade via the website from 7.6 to 7.7 this morning and called Support at about 11:00 AM. My order was taken and I immediately received an email confirmation, but not the promised email with the authorization code and download link. I had been told the email with the authorization code and download link would arrive within 10 minutes. At 12:35 PM I still hadn't received anything, so I called again and was told I'd get it within 10 minutes. At 3:20 PM I called again and was told there was a problem with their FTP download site and they were working on it. While this is disappointing, I can understand computer problems and told them I'd wait till tomorrow, but for a product and service that we depend on for dependability, this is disappointing. I did my part and paid my money and I REALLY need this product. It's now 11:52 PM and still no email. No, at the present time I'm not a happy camper! - Dave

I am in the UK, too, but I managed to place an order for the upgrade. However, when I followed the instructions on the e-mail, I ended up with version 6.5.

I have tried again to download, but I am now told that my Licence Key is not for 7.7.

This product is called Professional, but it does not give the impression of being very professional.

UK here too, and I've given up for now, EMC obviously don't want my upgrade fee. Firstly the links took me to the 7.7 upgrade at $29.00 which then only took you to the 7.6 upgrade at $49.00 so gave up there. Then downloaded the trial as suggested which wouldn't install at all on my 64 bit Windows 7. Then found the 64 bit version under the usual update page, installed but then my extra 7.6 client licenses won't work with 7.7 and no idea how to upgrade them. Phoning the US support is not an option from here in the UK so gone back to 7.6 completely. Disaster.

Steve

Edited by Guest

Robin - I just talked with Customer Service and because of the FTP site difficulties they are backed-up, but are attempting to process some orders manually. They're confident that my authorization code and link will be sent to me by this time tomorrow. While this is upsetting (aren't all computer problems?) I'd be remiss if I didn't express my appreciation for the courteous treatment I've received in each of my 4 conversations with them. Hang in there! - Dave

The UK link still just dumps you on the Iomega page with no clues as to what to do ....

AHA..

If you change the location option on the right-hand side above the blue line to UK, THEN go through the on-line store, you get the correct purchase page!!!

Andrew

Edited by Guest
Further info!