Retrospect 7.6 & Windows 7

bolofsson

I just upgraded to Windows 7. I have Retrospect 7.6. I set up some backup scripts yesterday set to run last night. When I tried to open Retrospect this morning, all I get is the large blue Retrospect icon - I can't open the program. I checked the destination drive for the backup and it was empty so the script did not run.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 11 months later...

When I start Retrospect 7.6 it doesn't come up. Only the blue box comes up. There is no other user on this computer and I don't see a process for retrospect.

It used to work. Then it stopped. Then it worked when I rebooted sometimes. Now it doesn't ever come up except for the blue box.

URGENT Please advise

PC win 7

Retropspect Professional 7.6

• 1 month later...

I think it happens because there is a schedule backup going to occur within 12 hours so it shows the activity monitor. I found this elsewhere - posted by Graco (or grarco - can't remember)

[color:green]When I launched the Activity Monitor a small dark blue window opened which displayed 'EMC Retrospect' in the upper left and to the far right what looked like a 'power button' - a round orange circle with a vertical line inside and a typical (other than color) X in the upper right corner. Clicking the orange button made it flash slowly, but after some time (maybe a minute) it stopped flashing.

I could not get Retro to launch until I got 'properties ' on retrospect.exe and set it to compatability XP SP2 mode.[/color]

I have changed it on mine but can't tell till tomorrow. Will let you know if successful - hope so :oneeye:

hope this helps

regards

Steve

this occasionally happens to me and the easiest way to get rid of the "blue box" is to go into task manager, Services, and then locate the service called RetroLauncher. Highlight that and then right-click to Stop Service.

Now go back to the Retrospect icon on your desktop and start it as usual and it should boot into the normal activity monitor screen.