Sign in to follow this  
wayneratcliffe

Full Database backup plus logfiles

Hi

New to Retrospect moved from backupexec, We are using Retrospect 7.6.123 and client 7.6.106 and exchange add-on. The mailbox and storage group backup are working fine. However, i wanted to backup the full database (ie both .edb and .stm files) and the exchange logfiles, so that these could be replayed against a database.

I chose to backup the various drives containing windows, database and logfiles. In the script i chose Options > More choices and chose exchange server. I then made sure Full Backup was checked (full databse and log files)

When i came to look to restore these files, non had been backed up, or at least i could not see them

I know this was easy in backup exec, so not sure what has gone wrong.

Can Retrospect backup and restore the actual individual database files as it says? or am i missing something?

Thanks

Retrospect uses the Microsoft API's to backup the databases directly. The individual edb files are excluded from the backup because the entire storage group is backed up when you have selected that storage group as a source.

If The SQL or exchange license add-on's are in use then you can not backup the data files. They will be hidden to Retrospect.