OSMonaco

Windows SBS 2008 issues

So I've rolled back to retrospect 7.6 thinking I could leave it open on the server and suffer that so I have backups but now I have this problem when only the first mailbox is backed up:

http://forums.dantz.com/showtopic.php?tid/31701/

Also running 7.6 I have this problem where it gets stuck on the open file backup if it is enabled:

http://forums.dantz.com/showtopic.php?tid/33005/

So am I right in thinking that neither 7.6 or 7.7 can backup and SBS 2008 exchange mailbox? I am suprised this issue is not more widely reported as I can duplicate it everytime on 3 different servers so I assume everyone else has the same problem.

So am I right in thinking that neither 7.6 or 7.7 can backup and SBS 2008 exchange mailbox? I am suprised this issue is not more widely reported as I can duplicate it everytime on 3 different servers so I assume everyone else has the same problem.

I think you are right with your assumption. Neither Server 2008 and Windows 7 are supported with Retrospect versions prior to 7.7 and in reality 7.7 doesn't really work well... And I'm not even starting about Exchange (which we luckily, from a Retrospect point of view, do not use).

As Russ would probably say: "We're hosed".

I presume you tested with the 7.7.208 update?

Same errors?

What can you tell us about the part not concerning Exchange? In other words, how does the basic program work for you?

Sorry, that was the update I was referring to.

If you don't need to backup exchange or have your backups run automated scheduled tasks then retrospect is the product for you! ;)

Its really poor that this product doesn't support UAC which has been around for ages and Exchange 2007. I shudder to think what the 2008 R2 and exchange 2010 support will be like.

...or have your backups run automated scheduled tasks...

Seriously, do you mean backup scheduling is broken too?

It is a well reported problem on these forums.

If you close out of retrospect it does not relaunch properly because of problems with the UAC. If you try and set retrospect security to use the RBU account.