does retrospect multi server support w2008r2?

wylie

its a pretty strait forward question and i think it deserves a direct answer from you guys?

From the forum rules:

While this forum is monitored by members of the EMC Technical Support team, it is not possible to reply to all questions and threads. This forum is not an official method for contacting technical support. EMC employees are under no obligation to reply to individual forum posts. If you need immediate technical support, you can contact technical support directly at http://www.emcinsignia.com/contactsupport

To answer your question, 2008 is supported but right now Active Directory can not be correctly backed up. That is fixed in the next release.

hi thankyou for your reply

just so i am clear, my question is specific to the R2 version of server 2008, and the reason for my question at all is becasue my current backup software (backup exec) does nto support the R2 release whilst it still supports the base version.

i do not know the technical reasons why r2 may not be supported, i am just looking for an alternative.

if i can be assured that it will support 2008r2 then i will go and buy it (i understand the AD issue)

also i want to knwo if retrospect has an agentless function to backup hyper-v vm's

any help here will be greatfully recieved.

wylie.