Why is retrospect placing files on my C: drive??

Sburk

I have a 30GB C: drive on our exchange server. I install everything other than the OS to the E: drive which is much larger.

I have installed Retrospect to the E: drive and it is still placing files on the C: drive. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\Assert_log.utx which is a hidden file.

The file has grown to 22GB in size and has caused my C: drive to have 0 free space. This is obviously a serious problem on our exchange server....and further more I have major difficulties deleting the file.

This is the second time it's happened. I uninstalled retrospect and reinstalled (to the E: drive). Still happening. I am not getting any failures from the client when running backups. I'm running a proactive backup of the entire server.....

I have an urgent question: How do I prevent this from happening in the future???? Also, how do I delete the file without having to boot to dos and del it.

Thanks.

Thanks, but I have nothing that indicates that a problem has occured. (i.e. email alerts or otherwise) So...the file just grows without my knowing and causes this fatal issue. Where do I look to see what is going on with the retrospect client and resolve the issue? Thanks again :)

How about opening the file in a text editor and find out?

Also look in the Windows system logs. Look at the times when the backup was actually running.

Thanks, I'm going to give this a shot. It just makes me nervous since this is on a production exchange server. I'll report back as soon as I can reproduce the issue.

I'm running Server version 7.6.2.101 and client version 7.5.116. Any thoughts there?

Well' date=' newer versions are here:

Retrospect updates

Thank you sir. I am downloading the new client now and will deploy. I'll report back with my findings. I have another system that has the log file at 2.2GB with no reported issues via EMC Retrospect alerts...so it's very interesting indeed.

I'm running Server version 7.6.2.101 and client version 7.5.116. Any thoughts there?

Well' date=' newer versions are here:

Retrospect updates

Thank you sir. I am downloading the new client now and will deploy. I'll report back with my findings. I have another system that has the log file at 2.2GB with no reported issues via EMC Retrospect alerts...so it's very interesting indeed.

I have deployed the latest retrospect client and it seems to have corrected the issue. Been up and running for quite some time now. The problem file hasn't even been created. Thanks for your help.