Sign in to follow this  
Mattosaur4

Retrospect 8.1 (b526) Queries & Suggestions

Hi

I have been using the 30 day demo and have a few queries and suggestions.

1. Why is there no save / accept. Start / Stop type feature. It appears a lot of the time you have to Quit the app and re-open it for changes to actually stick. The Pause/Resume option only appears to affects part of it.

2. I have a Mac 6.3.023 client with 10.4.11 & 1 with 10.5.8 and one Windows 7.6 client. With the 10.4.11 client the "Rename, Set Clock, Password and Update" fields are greyed out. Is this a bug? or something else?

3. Performance wise is it better to have the Console and Engine on the same machine or not?

Suggestions

1. If am going to make a lot of "Favourite Folders" and "Tags" why are these not options for the headers in the panes like sources (right click add columns) so I can view/sort by them all easily without having to expand the clients one by one? We have "All, Local, Clients, Shares" how about adding Favourites and Tags to this so we can see what clients belong to each Tag and all the favourites / sources in a list? (Is this hidden elsewhere?)

2. Proactive backup scheduling doesn't appear to work. I had it set for M W F and it scheduled a machine I added on 10am Wed to backup at 6am Tomorrow (Thurs). There seems to be nothing as simple as the old list of clients with Retro polling through them so you could see what was happening.

3. The "Add Sources" screen uses a non-expandable window when it opens, all the others don't so why this one?

4. Mouse over tooltips explaining what various options / settings do would be great in the absence of a Manual / User Guide.

5. Check Selector - this feature was great in 6.1 would love to see it back.

Matt

The "Add Sources" screen uses a non-expandable window when it opens, all the others don't

Which others?

All five of the shared-function drop down sheet ([color:purple]Script, Source, Media Set, Rule, | Server[/color]) show the same (dynamically resized) non-expandable window.

For the other four functions this is fine; but in the "[color:purple]Source[/color]" tab there are six resizable columns that might easily not fit all the information in a given situation.

Add it to the list of awkward interface decisions...