Retrospect Helper Service window appears every time at startup

svinson

Greetings,

This is my first posting, so I hope I'm doing it right! I'm a long-time user of Retrospect software. I have v6.5 installed on Windows XP Pro SP3.

I recently restored an entire drive image to my wireless laptop. It restored beautifully, but now every time on bootup I see the Retrospect Helper Service dialog appear in the upper left corner.

It shows three greyed-out checkboxes. The 1st two are checked but the 3rd one referring to 'Metadata' is not checked.

I presume it's a task checklist that is meant to finalize the registry/system restoration process and then never reappear. But I'm always seeing it now when the computer starts up, as if it wants to complete that 3rd task for restoring metadata, but it never does. I CTRL-ALT-DELETE in task manager to remove it. But how can I tell the Retrospect client to not start the help service any more? From what I see, my restored computer appears to be functioning properly.

Thanks,

JL

Excellent. I saw your response to a very similar observation in another posting, so wanted to confirm that's all I needed to do.

So the next time I ever have to do a Retrospect total drive restoration, that helper service is no longer needed on the first reboot? Will it get activated again, requiring me to again disable it? Just curious, it would be no problem really.

JL