Won't access Backup Set

DeanParker

Hi, I just attempted to do my Backup. I got a window says it needs to locate the Backup set. So I point it to the folder and there is the Backup set file. But it does not seem to see it. It won't open it.

So I created a new Backup set to get my Backup going but what do you think is wrong? I can see the file right there.

Vista and Retrospect 7.5. Backup to external hard drive.

Thanks,

Dean

Edited by Guest

You may be opening one sub volume too many. Try its parent folder. I have found confusion with this in the past. Also, I think that if it is asking for a backup set it usually says "Select the disk where the backup set data is located". You should be able to just select the disk that your files are located.

Another possibility is that it was asking for you to locate the catalog file which is located in a different directory than the data.

Edited by Guest

Yes you are right it is actually looking for the Catalog File. But it won't access it.

Still the same error. There is the catalog file for it asks I point to it but it is not recognized. At one point I get a -1020 error which is a sharing violation. But I don't know what is sharing the Catalog File.

Thinking maybe the catalog file was corrupt I had it rebuild a new one from the Backup Set Hard Drive but it does not want to acknowledge this rebuilt catalog file either. It does not matter where I put the Catalog file. I moved it to the desk top but still no good.

If I go to Configure/Backup Sets and select the backup set in question the same thing happens it asks for the Catalog file and again I find it but Retrospect will not access it.

But the new Backup Set and Catalog file created today is working fine and it is in the same location as the one not working.

Any ideas?

Dean

Edited by Guest