Windows SBS 2008 -1001 Error

Hello,

I have a Windows 2003 R2 x64 server with Retrospect installed on it. We use it to backup multiple servers. I have about 10 different 2003 server with zero problems and 1 SBS 2008 x64 with an issue.

Every folder that I have selected as a souce failes to get backed up and the log reports the following error

* Scanning incomplete, error -1001 (unknown Windows OS error)

Almost everytime I see this error (which is everytime I take a backup) I get the following error first

* Scanning incomplete, error -1104 (device not ready)

Here is what I have tried...I change permissions on a test folder. I set the user group "Everyone" to full control and it failed to backup the folder. VSS is running just fine, I tried backing up with it disabled and had no luck.

* Restarted both Servers..same error

* Used chkdsk..found no errors..same error

* Using Openfile backup option...

I also use StorageCraft to take image based backups every hour. Could this be causing a conflict of resources.

I know this is long but I would like to figure out how to backup this server before I use it to backup other Server 2008 servers. Any advice would be great!

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...