Sign in to follow this  
paddock

Show Engine Version?

I can find where (other then log and get info on file) where the engine version is displayed. Am I missing it?

Maybe in control panel or in info about server in console.

Doing a get info on /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle may well show the desired version number but is hardly a user friendly method or one that would occur to most people.

I would agree that the logical place(s) for the engine version number to be shown are

i) In the Retrospect System Preference Pane

AND

ii) In the Retrospect Console to show the version of the potentially remote engine you are controlling - remember you can potentially control multiple remote engines. As the Retrospect Console can show the version number of the various clients it is linked to this seems a logical extension.

Doing a get info on /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle may well show the desired version number but is hardly a user friendly method or one that would occur to most people.

Which is exactly why Robin said "sorry" to you in his reply.

He knows it's not user friendly, which suggests that management and engineering also know.

There are many issues I'd like to see addressed in the evolution of Retrospect 8; this is one, but it's not that high on my (personal) list.

Dave

When I look at the Retrospect Engine bundle the only info I see is the Modified date 9/10/09. Am I missing something?

Is there a subject here that will help me understand the errors I am encountering when trying to backup the Boot Camp Partition with XP Pro on it?