Restore process wiped out my .rdb files

mscongdon

I just encountered an upleasant situation and was wondering if anyone has seen this before and whether I can recover my deleted .rdb files.

1) I had 2 backups (one from May and one from July) on my network hard drive, in different folders

2) I copied all of the May .rdb files to my C: drive since that was the only way Retrospect Express 7.6 would allow me to recreate my catalog and subsequently run the restore

3) During the restore (from the catalog and .rdb files now on my local C: drive), I selected the option to completely overwrite my C: drive (since the May backup was a complete and full backup and a good starting ground for me to continue my subsequent backups).

4) At a point in the restore process, my local .rdb files got wiped out (not a problem since I had a copy on my network drive still) and Retrospect popped up a window prompting me for the location of my backup files.

5) I selected the parent folder on my network share that had BOTH subdirectories (1 for my May backup and a separate one for my July backup)

6) The restore process was then able to successfully complete my May backup

7) Upon restarting my computer, I wanted to repeat the same process for my July backup (to overwrite/augment parts of my May backup).

8) Somehow, all of my .rdb files for my July backup stored on my network hard drive were completely wiped out. My May files where still there, but now I cannot complete my July backup becuase Retrospect appears to have deleted my remote .rdb files somehow.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there any possiblity that the files still may be there on my network hard drive (even though I can't see them in Windows Explorer)? I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Any help/ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael