Unable to restore do to missing .rbc/.rbf files

mscongdon

Hello-

I have several .rdb files from 3 or 4 Retrospect Express 7.6 (on Windows XP Pros) backups that are stored on my network hard drive.

My primary internal hard drive has permanently crashed, so I now have a new hard drive with a fresh XP install and need to restore as much of my previous files/programs/setup as I can.

Unfortunately, I do not have any .rbf or .rbc files on my network hard drive and can't seem to repair or recreate a catalog (which seems to be a necessary component of the restore process).

What are my options? How do I get the 20+ GB of .rdb files to reload all of my valuable information to my new computer (running same OS and same Retrospect Express version)?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Cheers,

Michael

Well, I figured out a workaround. I was following the documented steps to recreate the catalog. However, I was trying to recreate it directly from both my S: drive (mapped to a network share) and alternatively directly to the UNC path (\\192.168.1.103\....). But it would not create it that way.

I had to manually copy all .rdb files from that share onto my local C: drive. Then the catalog was built and used just fine. Luckily I had enough space on my hard drive.

Thanks for the quick response, though. I have another topic to post in just a minute (new thread) :-)

Have a great day!