mailbox backup

We cannot manage to do a backup of all mailboxes from an exchange 2007 server... I have noticed that only the very first mailbox in my list copies data in the storage set.The information about the rest of the mailboxes in the logfile says: "no files need to be copied".

Has anyone see this behaviour..? Any succes stories about the exchange addon within Retrospect would be helpfull. We do have a lot of trouble ...!

• 1 month later...

I know this isn't very helpful...but if you select all the mailboxes for an immediate backup and hit "Preview" before running it, it seems to at least backup all of them at once instead of just the first one. I still have to do this manually every day, but at least I don't have backup each mailbox individually.

This same problem has happened before for me after an upgrade. In addition, after this upgrade Retrospect monitor started automatically and the program kept crashing. Changing retromon.exe to retromon.old solved both problems for me...now I just have the exchange problem.

Frustratingly, every time I call tech support (literally every time) they blame it on my hardware. It has never turned out to be our hardware. Last time I called, when I told the woman who answers the phone and who hands out the ticket numbers that I consistently have problems with my backups after upgrades, she replied, that she didn't know anything about the program technically but that "we have like 1000 customers and I am sure we would be out of business if this was really our fault." Awesome. I agree that we pay enough for this software that these problems should not be so consistently occurring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just looked at the update changes for 7.7. I understand that the update has new features that are reasonable to charge for - but I think that it is unethical to make us pay for all the changes included that fix bugs in the current software. We have already paid for the functionality!! It just hasn't been working!!

I just looked at the update changes for 7.7. I understand that the update has new features that are reasonable to charge for - but I think that it is unethical to make us pay for all the changes included that fix bugs in the current software. We have already paid for the functionality!! It just hasn't been working!!

You might want to read the EMC EULA

Russ