Sign in to follow this  
jriggin

Proactive Backups Failing

Two days ago we applied Windows updates and rebooted our Retrospect server. Since then only scheduled and immediate backups have been functioning. If I attempt to schedule a proactive backup manually I get an hour glass and nothing ever happens (I've let it sit there for hours). They all say ASAP and never actually start backing up. At the top under the Proactive backup tab, it displays this "Action: Checking Media"

Any idea what is going on?

Edited by Guest

I actually addressed the issue and then modified this topic for the other problem we're having, oops :) Any ideas on the proactive backup problem?

Also, the program isn't exiting successfully. I have to end Retrospect.exe to close it. It says "Exiting" and I can click around on the various tab, but it never closes.

Just FYI, the fix (at least so far it's working) was the following:

End Retrospect.exe, re-launch it, choose to stop all executions so that proactive backup wouldn't start. I deleted all inactive scripts that were lingering around. I then started proactive backup and they all started running. I have no idea why this issue just now presented itself. Hopefully the fix sticks.