Retrospect Single Server

Version 7.0.301

Retrospect Update, version 7.0.5.102

I have been utilizing rack mount hot swap hard drives for weekly backups; alternating weekly to off-site safety. I have exceeded the original disk size and have purchased larger capacity drives. How do I move the backup sets from the smaller drives? I tried copying, but Retrospect failed to recognize the backup set on the new drive.

--Dave

Retrospect looks at your disks 'hardware' ID. So It knows it's not the same disk. I don't know of an easy way to trick Retrospect into accepting the new disk with the copied content.

Actually Retrospect also does this when you swap a disk from a client. Even after using Ghost or Archonis to transfer the contents. I always need to forget the 'old' client and add it again. Not the most user friendly Retrospect feature, but I'm sure they have a reason for this.

What I usually do is to create a new backup set on the new medium and change the script to accept this new set as a target.

You could probably use Retrospects Transfer function as well, but that's less simple in my book. More so if you have only one rack mount for the drive.