logs and reports don't show client

I note that with backup scripts (not proactive) with more than one source, the logs and activity window do not list the client name for the sources.

For instance, I back up the "/Users" directory on each of two clients and the server with a backup script "UserBack", and end up with 3 entries in the "Activities" window.

snapshot attached.

Note also that the logs do not list the client name, so it is hard to tell which "Users" is being backed up.

-dgl-

Wow. Just wow.

This was a complaint/suggestion that I gave to Dantz the year the OS X client was released for the OS X public beta, that gave the ability of Retrospect 4.2 running under Mac OS 9 to see and backup OS X clients.

Full path information for clients, I begged. At the Dantz booth at San Francisco Macworld Expo a guy in marketing heard me, understood the issue, and promised to let them know. I saw him at their big party the next night, and we chatted briefly again about how confusing this new OS could be without more information in Retrospect.

That was well over a decade ago. We've gone from "/Users" to "Users" as the sum total of information provided to the Retrospect backup administrator for defined Subvolumes/Favorites on clients on the network. All that room in the Summary tab of the Details window gone to waste.

I can't give custom names to my Favorites, and I'm not shown the full path to where those Favorites are.

This, more then anything else so far, has left me despondent and loosing hope.

Sigh.

• 2 years later...