R8 not backing up all files

Backing up practically no files at all really.

All Windows clients. Retrospect has been running in this setup for about 2 months and no machine that it is backing up has more than 600 files backed up.

When I am able to browse the backups it seems that most of the files that were backed up are temp files.

All scripts are set to Backup All Files Except Cache Files.

Please help :)

no machine that it is backing up has more than 600 files backed up.

Do you mean in each new Normal (Incremental) backup there is only a subset of files copied?

That would be normal behavior, depending on how many files changed between the initial backup (Full) and the later runs.

Perhaps a better description of what you are doing and what you see when you do it.

Dave

Sorry for the confusion but I'm a little baffled myself.

I do now know if it's just since the last incremental, how could I find this out?

The total used space for my media set(about 500Gb) is about right for my 9 clients, but when I browse the Past Backup of any machine the green check is mostly by temp files and things located in Local Settings.

Mind you, this is all only on the rare occasion that I'm able to access these backups.

Edited by Guest