Error 1101 during Prepare for Disaster recovery

cfm55555

Version 7.6.2 Retrospect Express

Using Windows XP Pro Trying to do Prepare for Disaster recovery Here are the errors:

Dates from 4/09 but still happens every time..

+ Executing Prepare for Disaster Recovery at 4/11/2009 7:32 PM

From Backup Set Full 1-13-09, Snapshot Local Disk (C:) 4/11/2009 2:30 PM

To CD-ROM image file Restore Local Disk.iso...

Can't continue execution, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

Can't continue execution, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

exd2Begin: Coundn't create custom txtsetup file: error -1101 (file/directory not found).

4/11/2009 7:43:09 PM: Execution incomplete

Suggestions?

Edited by Guest

I was able to print off a paper copy.

I then found this in the Help file :rollie: :

-1101 (file/directory not found)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retrospect Express cannot find a file.

This usually means you or someone moved or deleted one or more files and folders while an operation was in progress.

If this error occurs because a Backup Set's Catalog File was moved and Retrospect Express asks you where it is, use the file selection dialog to navigate through files and folders and point out the new location of the Catalog to Retrospect Express.

Try backing up again. If this error continues to occur, run a disk checking utility to check for possible directory corruption.

I used Repair Catalogue and the Disaster Recovery CD now seems to be underway. :banana:

• 6 months later...

I have the identical problem. I tried Repair Catalogue but that didn't help. Spent a long time on the phone with a tech guy from iomega who said it's a cable problem (which they are replacing). Somehow I really doubt this. There's no prob with the initial backup, just building the recovery cd.

• 3 weeks later...

The replacement cable came, tried to make a recovery disc again. Same problem. 1101 errors. I've been exchanging e-mails with Iomega for several weeks. They keep sending me a video link (for how to create the disaster recovery CD) and a knowledge base article about 1101 errors. Neither helps. But they just keep repeating the same things even though I've told them over and over that none work. I've sent them my log many times but they seem really clueless. Very frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or suggest better backup/restore software (that works with xp and and external iomega hard drive)?

• 2 years later...