Errors transferring files from Windows client to Retrospect 6.1.230 for Mac

jaffe001

I have Mac OS 10.5.7 with Retrospect 6.1.230 and Windows client 7.6 on a PC running Windows XP. When I backup the files on the Windows machine to an external hard drive controlled by the Mac Retrospect 6.1.230, a large number of my Powerpoint files do not transfer, and end up as execution errors, whereas most of my other files transfer without execution errors. Presumably something is corrupted to prevent all of my Powerpoint files from being backed up. Any ideas on how to find out what the problem is?

• Like 1

Could you post the errors you are seeing in your logs?

Also, when you say "backup", are you really meaning when you "copy" (duplicate)? They are very different. We might be better able to understand your issue if you posted the errors including the operations that Retrospect was trying to do, from the Retrospect log.

By the way, this is pretty much a dead sub-forum, rarely checked by people. You would get much better response by re-posting your request here:

Desktop, Workgroup, and Server for Mac OS X

Russ