Can't access catalog for backup set MacBook Pro Nightly B, general error.

So, my script fails last night because of the following error

Can't access catalog for backup set MacBook Pro Nightly B, general error.

When I try to run the script it asks me to locate the catalog file which I tell it where it is it tells me that it's not a catalog or it is heavily damaged -24203 not a chunk file or badly damaged

When I go and rebuild it though using Tools->Repair->Repair File BackupSet it tells me

"The catalog portion of ..... appears to be valid. Rebuild it anyway?

Your error message may indicate a mismatch between the type of backup set originally created, and the type you now think it is.

If you go to Configure> Backup Sets> Configure, what type of backup set does Retrospect display for "MacBook Pro Nightly B?" (It'll be right under the name of the backup set.)

If it indeed identifies it as a File Backup Set, first be sure that the catalog and data portions are in the same folder on the same volume, and then go ahead and rebuild the catalog portion.

If it turns out to be a Removable Disk backup set, you need to be sure that the catalog resides on a different disk volume than where the data resides. When you create a Removable Disk backup set, Retrospect insists that there be no other user files on the destination volume. Some have suggested here that after the data file has been created, you can then store other files on the same volume. While that may be true (I haven't tested this myself, and would personally not be inclined to try it), you certainly cannot store the catalog on the same volume.