Exchange Licensing

Retrospect Server:

Windows 2003

Version 7.5.508, Driver and Hot Fix, version 7.5.14.102

The Exchange device keeps losing the licensing so backups only finish the harddrives, and don't back up the first storage group. At that piont I have to configure the licensing again on the client. Any ideas?

I've been avoiding the upgrade because I don't want to introduce any additional problems. I don't get any error. I just start noticing that it's only backing up the C:\ & D:\ drives, and then when I check the client, Exchange Server & Mailboxes have not licensed next to them.

Just to clarify, download Retrospect 7.6.123 for Windows Installer and simply install over the top of the existing copy? Will I need to input any licensing information or reconfigure anything?

This sounds like an old bug. If you don't want to upgrade then try removing the config75.dat file and start with new settings.

You are correct. You should not need to worry about license issues. It is all the same.

Of course, Robin is correct (he always is) about the update. But, because various approaches have been discussed upthread, don't confuse the various suggested approaches. If you start deleting the config files, you might need to re-enter some stuff.

Russ

I can give it a shot, but I was looking for a document to follow so I make sure the configuration isn't messed up. We have quite a few clients being backed up by this server.

And why when you click on the Retrospect 7.6 link does it take you to a description of the Express features? I have Retrospect selected in the drop-down, not Express.

Edited by Guest