Mac Pro Atto UL5D Quantum LTO-2 Retro 8 sees drive no problem, but Retro 6.1 does not see drive

Hi - I upgraded to V8 (8.1 build 148) and moved my backup setup to a Mac Pro (Late 2008) 10.5.7 - I have no problem seeing my LTO-2 in V8 (write & read very nicely) I knew I still need Retrospect 6.1.230 for my old backups, and moved that over to the computer as well, but it only sees the scsi ID under devices and no tape drive. This is a huge issue as I need to retrieve archived material almost weekly!

Help!

Hi - I upgraded to V8 (8.1 build 148) and moved my backup setup to a Mac Pro (Late 2008) 10.5.7 - I have no problem seeing my LTO-2 in V8 (write & read very nicely) I knew I still need Retrospect 6.1.230 for my old backups, and moved that over to the computer as well, but it only sees the scsi ID under devices and no tape drive. This is a huge issue as I need to retrieve archived material almost weekly!

A bit more information is needed. Because Retrospect 8 works with the drive, we know that you are cabled up correctly and that all of the hardware is working and properly configured. So it's got to be an issue with how Retrospect 6 is set up on your machine.

(1) Not quite clear which drive you have. If this is the right drive, appears to be a supported device for Retrospect 6.1:

Retrospect supported devices - Quantum LTO-2 HH

Is this your drive?

(2) exactly how did you "move" Retrospect 6.1.230 over to the new computer? Did you do an install from the downloadable install .dmg, or simply move some files over? The correct installer images are here:

Retrospect 6.1 installer and updates

(3) Did you install a Retrospect Driver Update ("RDU")? If so, what version? (installed RDU version and Retrospect version print in the Retrospect 6.x log each time Retrospect launches). See Retrospect 6.1 updates link, above, for the RDU file.

(4) What shows in Apple System Profiler for that SCSI ID?

(5) What shows in the ATTO Configuration Tool for that SCSI ID?

(6) What shows in the Retrospect 6 "Configure > Devices" screen?

(7) What HBA (SCSI card) is in the computer, driving the SCSI channels? If there is a configuration utility for that card, what does it show attached to that SCSI channel?

See sample attached files for our Xserve G5 and ATTO UL4D.

Russ

Edited by Guest