Looking for reliable backup media

I've been using DVDs with Retrospect for several years, but the recent updates to the software has left my internal DVD burner out of date. I've researching different drives but feel that maybe an external Terabyte drive might be more economical and smaller than DVD disks. And for my usage would work better in the long run.

But I can't figure out from the list of compatible media if there are any drives out there that would work. The products I'm looking at are not showing up in the search, and the Advanced Storage Device Search is not very helpful. I'm not able to recognize the types of drives I need to look for.

My last postings were about problems I was having with my DVD drive and trying to figure out what version of Retrospect Driver to try became to complicated for me to deal with. I'm ready to jump ship - to Time Machine or Super Duper!.

Can anyone recommend a Terabyte drive that is compatible with Retrospect 6.1.230?

Thanks.

Any device that has a volume that mounts on the Finder Desktop can be used as a destination for a File Backup Set. We're happily using a Seagate 1.5 TB drive on a FW800 bus.

Volumes of 1 TB or less apiece can also be used as members of a Removable Disk backup set.

Some of us have had problems in the past with LaCie drives due to power supply issues and other problems. Beyond that, you will find partisans for any of the major manufacturers (which, though mergers, etc., are becoming fewer and fewer).

The most important thing you can do is to back up to two or more backup sets each on its own physically-separate media. It's also a good idea to rotate one of the destination backup sets off-site in the event of a fire or other catastrophe.