Search bug?

dramsey

I'm trying to restore some files to my Mac OS X machine from my PC running Retrospect 6.0 Multi Server.

Using the "Find Files" command in Restore, I enter a search criteria. The "Searching and Retrieval" window shows 3 files found in the "Files Chosen" area.

I'd like to see what they are...but when I click on the "Files Chosen" button, the number of files found immediately changes to "0" and a "Not ready to execute" message appears at the top of the screen.

I can't figure out how to get by this-- looks like some sort of bug to me.

"You have to mark those 3 files found as chosen so that you can restore them. This is done under Files Chosen after it finds the 3 files."

I'd like to, but I can't-- that's what I've been trying to say.

After I do the search, "Files Chosen" looks like this:

+--------------+ Temp Titan 3 files 4.7M

| Files Chosen | -----------------------------------

+--------------+ Total 3 files 4.7M

(That's supposed to be the "Files Chosen" button represented above!)

When I click the button, the display instantly changes to:

+--------------+ Temp Titan 0 files zero K

| Files Chosen | -----------------------------------

+--------------+ Total 0 files zero K

So how do I see the list of files it found?

Clicking on Files Chosen should bring up a browser window with your search results.

As a test, try this: Set up the same restore, but use your local hard drive as the destination. When you click on Files Chosen, do you get a browser window with the search results?

"As a test, try this: Set up the same restore, but use your local hard drive as the destination. When you click on Files Chosen, do you get a browser window with the search results?"

Yes! When I select the PC's local disk (instead of the Mac's remote disk) as the destination, clicking on the Files Chosen button opens a browser showing the files. When the remote disk is specified as the destination, clicking on the Files Chosen button sets the number of found files to zero.

I assume it should work the same in either case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived