Retrospect 7.6 single server and Sony SDX-570V drive

I'm running Retrospect Single Server version 7.6 on a Windows 2003 server. I've just added a Sony SATA AIT turbo tape drive model SDX-570V. When I go into Retrospect to configure it, in the environment window, it shows up with all the data(ID, Vendor, Product, Version), but no driver is assigned to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody has any idea why retrospect detects a supported device, but won't assign a driver to it? I'm really pulling my hair out over what should be an automatic process. Any help on this would be much appreciated, as all of the tutorials and instructions I've found indicate that this retrospect driver should assign itself automatically when Retrospect scans for available devices.

Thanks.

But there is the problem, I can't just start using it. Since Retrospect does not assign a driver to the device, it does not list as an available tape drive. I can't view the tapes in the drive or add them to backup sets.

Retrospect is treating the device the same way if drivers for the tape drive are loaded in device manager or not.