recovering .rdb files

afsensation

I have a similar issue. I'm running restrospect 6.5 and have a WD external hard drive. I backed up my comp and now all the files are saved as .rdb. I've tried the "repair catalog" feature and used the tutorial but Restrospect does not show the backup set I'm looking for as an option to repair. When I tried to repair an older backup set I got an error message and the program shut itself down. I can map to the backup folder and when not using Restrospect find all the docs saved in 600MB files ending in .rdb. But if I map to the same folder with Restrospect...there's nothing there. What can I do to recover my files? Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem and found I was not following the repair cataloque tutorial correctly.

Be careful how far you go down the tree before selecting open or OK (I cannot remember which).

I was going right down to the folder which contains the RDB files and as you say nothing shows