Restore Failure

rjh213

I've been doing backups with Retrospect 6.0 for years and today attempted my first full system restore. It restored nothing (but did remove some files). I got the following errors:

"No registry to restore", "No COM+ Class Registration database to restore from this Snapshot" "No WMI Repository to restore from this Snapshot" and "No Removable Storage Manager to restore from this Snapshot".

The files it needs to use for the restore are all there - 222 of them taking up 128 gig on an external drive. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get a restore to work.

Even before I got the failures the message I got indicated that only about 14,000 files would be over-written with 0 files selected. Didn't make any sense to me.

If anyone has ever used this product to do a restore I'd be grateful for any help I can get. Thanks.

• Like 3

Update - I got the restore to run by moving the catalog to the hard drive (it had been on the external device with the files), but I still got the above errors. The program claimed to have restored all of the files, but a restart of Windows didn't show any of them.

Does anyone know if the errors above prevented a successful restore? Once Retrospect completed, it didn't display any messages. I don't know if that is normal or not.

• 4 years later...

aslo, the only message i get is this

"No Removable Storage Manager to restore from this Snapshot"

all restore attempts run for 4-5 minutes and then stop wit this message

there is no documention explaning what it means, what it does or how to fix it

only three google message are found