new version driving me crazy...scripts won't run becasue "needs media"

denno

Whats the cause of broken mediasets? I pretty sure it has to do with Retrospect hanging and restarting.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with where you are attempting to create your Media Set Members.

The idea of multiple Members of a Disk/Tape/Optical Media Set is to allow for unlimited capacity of backup data storage. You fill up a tape and add another tape. You fill up a DVD-R and add another. You fill up a physical disk or logical volume (or utilize a configurable maximum size in absolute or percentage terms) and add another.

It doesn't make any functional sense to have multiple Members of a Media set on the same volume. And attempting to store them on the same path is likely freaking Retrospect out.

The [color:purple]/Retrospect/[/color] directory is created by the program and used in some manner to track/manage/handle the folder(s) that represent(s) a Media Set Member. If you truly _must_ have your second Member on the same volume as your first, you should create a new folder (not nested inside [color:purple]/Retrospect/[/color]) into which you add your additional Member. That would likely make the program happier.

It took seeing the screen shots that were broken yesterday recognize what you are doing wrong.

Dave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And attempting to store them on the same path is likely freaking Retrospect out.

Thx for replying Dave.

This i couldn't have dreamed on being the problem. Bummer for those with only one drive/volume (NAS)?

Will change my setup regaring memebers, thx for the tip.

I'm only using disk for speed, after backup i do D2T.